Saturday 5 September 2009

another henna session








I did a reTi a few days ago. I can't really remember how long it took as I had so many interruptions. If I condense it all , it probably took 4+ hrs. So I decided to do another henna. This time I crushed the henna in a mortar&pestle before I put in a glass bowl with boiling water, over a pan with boiling water. I mixed a little caca maroon (red)with caca brun(brown). I'm now sitting with plastic covering over my head, but it just occured to me that I ahould have applied the henna to my hairline 1st. Instead I started from the back when the mixture was quite hot. By the time I got to the front it had gone cold and henna colours better if it's warm/hot. Anyway, I'll update when I wash it out.

2 comments:

Nubian1 said...

Last time i hennaed I mixed in just a whole small bottle of lemon juice from Tesco into the henna and applied and left it on my head overnight. (not doing that again!!) I was running out of time that's why i did it that way. (BTW used a packet henna).

The next time i will mix the lemon in the henna,(lush) cover with cling film and leave somewhere warm over night to be used the following morning. I got the idea from the ebook i sent you not long ago.

What i found is that the colour stuck better, i now use a shower cap daily to stop the front edges from fading too soon.

Works a treat!

anthia-ofo said...

Thanks for the tip. I noticed a lot of bunching and slipping after this session so I'll wait a long while before I try again. I'll put my results up shortly.