Monday 29 September 2008

credit crunch?

It's time for my babies to be tightenend again and all I managed to do is tighten 1 1/2 locs out of 380. It's ridiculous. I can't seem to find the time, or get settled - there's always something....*sigh* I am at this very moment searching for Angela's card so I can call and make a booking. Somehow when I take 4-5hrs out of my day to go and get my hair done, everyone understands. We even have take-aways. But I'm attempting to DIY, dinner must be cooked per normal, everything must continue as is.. no interruption. But I won't grumble. I'm just going to have to ask hubby for the 50 quid to go and do the deed. Thankfully, God has blessed us in the middle of the credit crunch so I can actually afford it. But I'd rather save it and send it back home to my mother. I send money home regularly as do all my siblings to take care of my aging parents(all you africans will probably relate) but my mum's had some challenges and I want to up the total to get the extras she needs. We've had to hire extra help to help care for her and I want her to have whatever her lil' heart desires. My dad too, bless him. God's faithful and he will provide.

3 comments:

NappiNish said...

That's sweet.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Exactly what i'm going through right now.And DH - in Namibia at the moment!-has the nerve to say "Hmm, you're spending a lot of time doing your hair!" If only he knew that the free time I have to chat to him on google, is the one time when I can do my hair!!!

anthia-ofo said...

thandi, I'm glad someone understands.
happilynappily...thanks for the support.