Sunday 24 January 2010

2 years already?!?



Today marks the beginning of my 2nd loc anniversary. I had my install on 24/25 Jan 2008. So here I am 2 years later, I couldn't be happier.Y'all know that technically or dare I say officially, these ain't sisterlocks, b'cos I have DIY-ed since Jan last year(without taking the class). I've used tools other than the SL tools. I've used NL, Yarn, and Flat loc tools. (my main tool now is the flat loc tool, made by a Sls consultant). I've combined some, and started some new locs. I've braided new ones, twisted the ends of some, extended a couple with fake hair, wrapped a couple of weak locs with more fake hair LOL...so I can't say they are 'pure' Sls. Erm.... they are some sort of hybrid, but beautiful nonetheless. I have never used ANY of the SL shampoos or products. Recently I ordered the green tea kit, but due to a mix-up I changed it to just the reconstructor and moisturiser. So those will be the 1st ever SL products I'll be using since I got my locs. However I still refer to my locs as sisterlocks -(or Maybe DIY SLS will be the more appropriate description), seeing they were put in by an official trainee and maintained by a consultant for over 1year. Nevertheless, my DIY SLS are 2 years Old! Pictures will follow soon , hopefully in my next post.

7 comments:

Felicia said...

Congratulations!!!! You paid for sisterlocks, how you maintain them is up yo you!!! I enjoy your blog and you encourage me to become a DIYer!!!

msfullroller said...

Congrats and looking forward to seeing your pics!

Nubian1 said...

Hey how come i missed this post on Monday??? Oh dear could be another senior moment!!!

CONGRATULATIONS OFO! My doesnt time fly by. = )

Titus 2 Thandi said...

I'm also looking forward to the pics.Well done on maintaining them yourself!Happy anniversary!

anthia-ofo said...

Thankee all. Yes, I'm loving my locs at 2 years. I expect to see more growth now...isn't 2yr onwards, the time when the growth spurt happens?

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Oooh girl, I`am late! Happy 2nd birthday to your locs! May you have many, many, more! But the way, I guess we are both in the same boat! I had my locs installed by a SL master consultant and after my first re-ti, I have been a DYIer ever since! For $600.00, If I say I have SL, thats what I have! Your locs look like SL to me! Any way who cares! Enjoy your journey into the third year!

anthia-ofo said...

Thanks NLP. I am enjoying my SL whatever they're called.