Friday 6 March 2009

More Photos and the sisterlocks huddle



Ama had just finished retightening my locs, sun 1st march. (I've decided, I need to lose some weight and get toned and be just like her. Both she and twin sis Amba,look so good.)













we thought about having a sls Ghana meetup. But in the end, we settled for a 'huddle' - just a handful of us, including the youngest and 1st child sls wearer in Ghana. I think Kuks has become a bit of a celebrity.












Me, Abi and Ama.









Ama's locs were described to me by Seiwa as long liquid licquorice before I saw them. She was right, except they are now a gingery colour. Quite frankly she turned heads wherever she went.





In case you're wondering, she 2st twisted and bantu knotted them. She took down the bantu knots, but left the twists in, in these pics. It's a lovely look. After a few days, she'll take the twists out for a crinkly look. I can only imagine how gorgeous they'll be.






















This is the front view of the house my brother and wife built.









The pool in the back courtyard of the above house.












.....and the back of the house. OH, TODAY MARKS THE 52ND YEAR OF GHANA'S INDEPENDENCE. THE GHANA FLAG IS RED,GOLD,GREEN, WITH A BLACK STAR IN THE MIDDLE.

7 comments:

Amba said...

Ooh, aah is all I can say! Your locks look fab!! Little miss Koo is really rocking her locks too. Lucky you to be in Ghana. Enjoy!!! When do you get back? Tell Ama to UPDATE her blog!!!

anthia-ofo said...

I'm back Amba. You'd better send Ama a digital canera-that'll force her to update her blog. It was fab being in Ghana. They all looked so well, your mom too. Such a lovely lady.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Lady, your locks are looking fabulous!

anthia-ofo said...

Thanks Thandi...

Anonymous said...

You guys all look so beautiful in the pics!!! No wonder heads were being turned!!!!

anthia-ofo said...

Thankee Meikmeika

Kittylocks said...

Beautiful locks and I want to go to Ghana now!