Thursday 5 March 2009

I'm back from Ghana, with some photos


Kukua's the 1st child in Ghana with sls...only aged 2, is she the youngest ever to wear sisterlocks?

Ama (her mum) installed her locs over a 1 month period. Kukua loves her locs and mum's more than happy she doesn't have to use the comb anymore.
























This is Till's place in Gomoa Fetteh in Ghana(about 30 miles out of Accra)








Ama Abi and I at the funeral of a famous doctor in Ghana. I know we are smiling, but that's cos funerals are also a bit of a social event where you meet a lot of familiar faces. There were 400 or more people at this particular funeral.

















6 comments:

msfullroller said...

Kukua's loc's are going to be gorgeous! She looks so cute in them.

Earth Mother Guidance said...

She is cute. Ghana is beautiful and I wish I was there.

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Welcome back! Was thinking about you and wondering when you'd go and come back. Glad you're home safe and sound. The pictures are beautiful.

Nubian1 said...

Kukua is soooo cute...mmmmeee imagine when she is five what they'd look like?

Welcome back hope you had a pleasant trip.

anthia-ofo said...

Thanks everyone. Ghana was lovely, I didn't have to lift a finger. Still, I missed hubby and the kids. Kukua is just beautiful and she kept trying to style those locs herself!

Ama said...

Great photos Ofo! I am so glad you put them up on your blog.