Thursday 9 July 2009

We meet at last, nubian and I at agape hearts' celebration


me,eni,nubian1





loc huddle






olori oko (kpanlogo)dance



















fashion show







These pics are from the agape heart celebrations at Spring meadow barn last sat 4th july. Quite a few natural heads turned up.
We (ie daughter's and myself )were taking part in these celebrations organised by a friend to raise money for a bore-hole(well) in a village in Nigeria. I invited Nubian and she came!! So we've met at last. I can tell you right now, that even with my shoes on I'm only up to her shoulders. YES-SHE'S THAT TALL. She had to stoop for the 'loc huddle' amongst us shorties hehehe. (I hope your knees are ok sweetie). Arashia said 'your friend ought to be a model, she's got the height.' Not to mention, her kids are lovely. Her daughter is gorgeous. We thoroughly enjoyed our day. Nubians' locs look just as good in real life as in pics. Her henna colour looks so good.
Among other performances, we - arashia mary and I did an african dance to some amazing Nigerian music. I'd like to put it on my blog, but I don't know how. Arashia sang 'amazing grace' with the band. Joshua delighted us with a rendition of 'fur-elise',. Mary's dance/drama group 'crown jewels' performance was just 'gripping'. There was plenty of african food, (I had 4 portions of moi moi/beans)an auction and video to show us the village back in Nigeria and the beautiful inhabitants. (These poor people depend on a rather stagnant brownish river/stream as the only source of water.)We all finished the day by dancing to some Nigerian gospel. All this in the back drop of beautiful scenery, a valley of pine trees in acres of woodland. This is 'spring meadow barn' owned my dear friends who kindly open up their premises for use by christian groups.

2 comments:

Nubian1 said...

Once again Ofo, thanks for the invite. What church do you attend?

I would love to come to a service one of these Sundays....oh yes...please forward my details to Lady E.....i enjoyed her company too.

anthia-ofo said...

I go to Hatfield city church. Patricia(organiser of the event) goes to St Andrews in chorley wood, but her ministry is the agape hearts. I attend their meetings at spring meadow barn when I can.
Yeah Eni's lovely...and crazy of course. I'll let her have your details.