Sunday 19 July 2009

fewer strong locs vs many skinny locs

I've just completed another retightening. It took just about 5 hrs over the course of 4 days.
Day 1: 2hrs
Day 2: 1hr and a bit
Day3: 1 1/2hrs
Day 4: 1/2 hr.
I'm doing OK with this retightening thing. I've got a rhythm going. I've also combined most of my smalls to medium and dramatically shortened my sessions. I've also saved many locs from premature death. So far, I lost 1 loc and I'm not about to lose any more. Like Nubianlockedprincess said "Small locs are great, but you have to know when to draw the line with large loc numbers! They too come with a price!"
I guess I lost my desire to have gazillion locs especially bc I DIY. Also I just can't stand to see a skiny loc hanging by a thread. I saw the size of dewdrops locs and I thought, those look pretty sturdy and healthy whilst still maintaining the sisterlocks look so why not strengthen some of my own weaker looking locs. So I did. I'm very pleased with the results. I still have around 360-ish so it's still a high number, but I'm comfortable with that.

7 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Exactly!! And all locs look beautiful. (Generally!!) What we want is healthy hair, right?

anthia-ofo said...

So true. I still see thicker locs and experience slight loc envy, fortunately it's only fleeting....
At the end of the day, healthy locs are better than straggly ones.

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Locs are beautiful, but strong healthy locs are fabulous!

anthia-ofo said...

Nubianlocked ITA!

Bajan Lily said...

Hey Ofo, thanks for stopping by mmy blog with much welcome advice!!! When you suggested I combine the weaker locks do you mean 'take them down' and combine them? Or combine them at the base (by interlocking them) - thus forming 2 headed dragons?

anthia-ofo said...

Bajan, you're welcome. No need to take-down... Combine at the roots by interlocking- you'll get a 2 headed dragon. You can twist them together down the entire loc and it will soon mesh together to become 1 loc.

Bajan Lily said...

Thanks again - I'll give it a go!