Monday 13 October 2008

wghs dinner dance




A few pics of us going to an old school re-union. It was a dinner-dance held at the Royal National Hotel in Russell square - London. A truly memorable event fundraising for the school. I set my sls on perm rods and soft spikes. My old school, known us Wesley Girls' High school is about 150yrs old, located in the town of cape coast(famous for it's forts and castles and role in the slave trade). It was begun by Methodist missionaries (British)in the 1800s and is probably the best school in Ghana. They've consistently achieved the best exam results since I can remember, and produced some very well rounded individuals including moi! Seriously, old girls have achieved many influential positions, high court judges, doctors, heads of institutions, business women,fashion designers or SAHM home educating like me. I have many fond memories of the place, as it was a boarding school and it became home from home for 5yrs during my teenage yrs. In 2006, we had the privilege of meeting ms Garnet again, the headmistress for over 30yrs. She was the guest of honour at our 'do' and believe it or not, she knew all of us who attended the event and even remembered our names. I guess we were sent to her office enough times for breaking some rule or other. She was always just and fair and allowed you to explain yourself.






Notice the length of Arashia's locs. Hmmm, loc envy is not a good thing. Re tightening is well over due.

4 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Forget loc envy, I have 'thickness' envy! I can't wait for my nappy hair to grow!!!

Natasha Dyer said...

Your locs are so beautiful, and so are you!

anthia-ofo said...

Aw thanks queen for your kind words.

KnottyAuthor said...

wow, ur sls have plumped up soooo much! amazing!!