Saturday 5 May 2012

I CUT MY LOCS!!!


Not really. I got my locs cut or rather layered by Mary. What you see on my head is a lacefront wig. The idea was to hide my locs away under a wig...only...I'm encountering some problems. Namely, my locs are too long and thick in the back to fit my wig on properly. And this texture was the closest I came to finding a LF kinky/nappy textured wig. You're now wondering why I'm even bothering. I'm tired of trying to conceal scalp on top of my head. I think my hair is filling in, but after combining locs on top of my head it just looked so-sparse. Does anyone have ideas? I use scarves, hair bands etc. I put in loc bridges for fullness etc but that's time consuming. I 've made a few, but I find the hair isnt always a good match. Maybe it isnt noticeable to others, but it is to me. My daughter says I'm obsessing over hair and to just leave it alone. That's why I've got this LF wig. Perhaps a nappier texture will wing it. Sorry for whingeing...I should be grateful for what I have..Anyway I do apologise for the make-up-less face. Hope it isnt too scary lol. Cheerio...I'm sure I'll find my way and bring more positive news next time. Till then - oh I'll take some pics of my loc-cut and post them. It actually falls better and all the annoying bunching/lumps on the ends have gone.
* I have yet another idea to help fill my  locs in. Like I say it's all time consuming. Does anyone in the uk offer such services I wonder. Well I'll come back and reveal the latest idea....

9 comments:

locstory said...

Oh, Ofo! Well, it's just hair after all, isn't it? You know best.

KnottyAuthor said...

keep us posted!

KnottyAuthor said...

ps..did the fat ends thing happen when you had your braid locks? hmmm makes me think.....

Drealock Experts said...

Why did you CUT? We are shocked that you do not know about the Take Down Remover cream for taking out braids, weaves, twists or natural dreadlocks easier,faster. It detangles very matted tangled hair easy and safely.

It also prevents hair breakage no matter how long your braids or weaves are in. It is great for women who are transitioning to natural hair from relaxers as well.

It is not a water based or glycerine based product-so it works on every type of hair texture, every head, every time.
You can get it in London at www.afrotherapy.com

anthia-ofo said...

Yes Chele, it happened with braidlocks too. It was less obvious with Sls, but still there. I think it's my hairtype coupled with bunching.
Dreadexperts thx for the info,but I have taken down a set of locs using oil,water and conditioner and it worked very well. I didn't cut my locs OFF just took off a few inches and layered them.

Nai said...

Hey Ofo!
Been longing to respond to your msg on my page but lost internet and phone access for bout 2 weeks!
Ok I been shampoo hopping again, going thru lush shampoo bars, check out Lush New Hair ... I have some but not tried yet! google the reviews, interesting you may find and only a fiver!

Kittylocks said...

Well done Ofo I think it is good to have a small trim to keep the locks looking in good condition. Regarding the spareseness on top, I did not see this when we met, you may have disguised it well. I am sure it will grow but just slowly. Arent you hot under that wig? I love to read your posts. More blessings Kittylocks x

anthia-ofo said...

I've jumped off the shampoo threadmill for now. Just using natual products and saving a little money. My hair seems to like it. Keep reveiwing the products though...so I'll know what to get when I'm ready LOL

anthia-ofo said...

Kitty I think I was wearing a loc intergreation piece. Yes I'm hot under the wig! The first day i wore it I felt dizzy for a sec. It may be cutting off blood supply lol. Anyway, I.m using wraps more. i dont know how women live all day in wigs.