Monday 7 June 2010

YIKES!!! I was wrong!?!

7 or 8 posts back, I did a post on my coffee rinse. Actually it was a mixture of herbs including coffee and food colour. A week later I did a STRONG coffee rinse. All seemed to be well, my locs even felt very soft(coffee has a conditioning effect). However I noticed a tinge of strange smell in my locs!!! Red alerts went off in my brain. What!?! Thankfully, in my quest for sulphate-free shampoos, I had ordered Aubrey organics Green Tea clarifying shampoo and Honeysuckle Rose moisturising shampoo and They had arrived. I went to work with the clarifying shampoo. I let it sit in my locs for several minutes before rinsing. I washed twice with the clarifier and once with the moisturising shampoo. PHEW! Now I can breathe cos my locs smell fresh again.
The lesson? Dont use coffee on your locs. I Believe it will work on loose hair. But locs is another matter. Back when I had Bradelocz, I used Tea as a rinse without any trouble. But I think coffee might just leave some residue so please give it a miss. So it's back to a semi-permanent colour.

6 comments:

Nai said...

Where did you order from Ofo?
I looked at Amazon, how did your hair feel after?

anthia-ofo said...

I ordered from http://hejhog-uk.com/haircare. The aubrey Organics shampoos were reduced. The green tea will suit you. No sulphates, all natural mild stuff. It clarifies without stripping. My hair felt clean and yet fluffier/lighter.

SeZ said...

I'm glad that I found your blog, you DIY that's great. I can learn so much from you. A rinse, I have never tried to do that before.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Wow I never heard of using tea or coffee for a rinse. However thanks for the update.

anthia-ofo said...

You're welcome ladies. I'm always experimenting lol.

Expanding Beauty said...

Glad you were able to get the residue out! Thanks for the update