Sunday 2 August 2009

Updo.. er,well ,sort of.


Growth at the nape

I see growth












Folks, do you see how the locs at the nape of my neck has grown? This area had very little hair. Locs rock! and for me sisterlocks have transformed my hair into a thing of beauty and...I cant wait to henna it some more. Thank you lord for leading me to locs and making it possible form me to get sisterlocked! So..
I was inspired to try an updo for church today. Actually, my hair was too short to do it, but I modified it to suit me. I parted my hair from ear to ear, 3/4in the back half, in a ponytail. I parted the front down the middle and curled one side. The other side I 'brushed' across(I was meant to tuck it into the ponytail but I simply secured with pins. Then I added a few accessories. The bit you see sticking up (the hair pin) was actually put through the ponytail, so it wasn't just sticking up randomly, the way it looks in the photo. Unfortunately the style was a bit messed up by the time I got home and the curls had fallen. I pulled the pin out and was about undo it when i thought of taking some pictures. Still you get the idea of what it looked like when I 1st styled it. I must say although I don't style much, I'm getting keener on trying simple styles.

I confess, I quite like 'messy' updos. That nifty little hair thingy you see sticking up was a pressie from Mary from Spain... but I'll do a post on all my hair accessories later.

7 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

Ooh, your hair has really grown and flourished!!

anthia-ofo said...

Thank you Thandi. I'm thanking God for my hairline too. It's looking better and better.

Nubian1 said...

Guess who got her camera back???? Ofo has!!!!....makes a difference to a post doesnt it?

Lovely updo and great post on repairing thinning locks. Karen of 'Naturally Beautiful' did something similar a couple of weeks ago..Great stuff.

Spiral_Loc said...

Nice, Very Nice!

anthia-ofo said...

LOL Nubian, I got my camera back and it's a reilef to see it still has some life left in it. It'll do till I get a new one.

Maxizone said...

Wow, so much hair!

KnottyAuthor said...

i like the messy updo 2!