Thursday 20 November 2008

Lookeee what I made





I decided to make my self a shea butter mix cos I sent my shea-cream mix to Anne after her SOS for shea butter. She is my guinea pig for lotion and potion experiments. So I went into my 'archives' to see what I had. I found some left over mango butter,murumuru butter,cupuacu butter,sapote oil, almond oil shea-cocoa,shea-coconut. I got about a tbs of each and added white and yellow shea butter. I melted the solid butters and added 3 big dollops of Roiboos shea butter cream(courtesy of y'know who you are) and whisked the mixture together.The result is this absolutely delightful luxurious cream. It's my best cream mix! I know it looks grainy, (just a thin film on it)but I promise you it's Smooth and silky.


As Imentioned b4, I'm taking part in an Art Journal project. I keep forgetting to take pics, but this what I made for the sentimental journal. The left one is christmassy to remind me of my childhood. This how I imagined England at christmas.

4 comments:

NubianLockedPrincess said...

Good for you! When I went natural a year ago, I began to use natural products on my body and on my hair. I do not buy any products from retail stores except from deodorant! I have been making shea butter, mango butter and natural oils combos for over 1yr. For Xmas, I bought tiny tin cans so that I may make my butter combo for my friends and family for gifts.

anthia-ofo said...

Oooh good idea- making mixes for friends. I was actually thinking of giving some as xmas pressies. Off to search for small tins!

3girlsmomma said...

Oooo, can I be on your Christmas list, Anthia-Ofo and NubianLockedPrincess?!? I LOVE famed natural BUTTER & OIL combos.

Amina said...

i loove shea butter too!!!