Monday 3 September 2012

Ghanaian Toasted corn dish(aprapransa)

You know how you suddenly remember some obscure dish that you used to have back home, back in the day? Well it's called Aprapransa or apklijiin and it's made of toasted corn. Traditionally made with palm-nut soup and seafood like crab. My mum taught me a shortcut way to make it so I wouldn't starve to death when I went to KNUST.You need zomi(spiced palm-oil),ground smoked fish,smoked shrimp and toasted ground corn aka tom brown. So here.... I recreated it. Aprapransa with black-eye beans and boiled egg. Sorry it isnt better presented but, I had started eating it when I remembered I'd better take a pic. It's really very filling so might make you go to sleep.


1 comment:

The Chick said...

Spiced palm oil and smoked, ground fish?

I will have to try this!